What if my water looks brown in color or cloudy?
The water that runs from your faucet or shower may occasionally become discolored due to water main breaks or testing fire hydrants. Do not be alarmed if your water is suddenly discolored. This water is still safe to drink. The discoloration is caused by an unusually high sediment content, which results from sudden changes in the system. When the cause of the problem is corrected, the sediments will be removed from the system. Notify the Public Works Secretary that there is a problem by calling (512) 556-8315 Monday - Friday between 7:00am and 4:00pm, or (512) 556-6235 at the Police Department after normal business hours.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact if I have a water leak or sewer backup?
2. Where can I go to take brush?
3. What do I do if I am experiencing water pressure problems?
4. What if my water looks brown in color or cloudy?
5. How can I report a Street Repair or Pothole Repair?
6. Who do I contact when a drainage ditch is clogged or overgrown?
7. Who do I contact regarding tree limbs on the Power lines?
8. Who do I contact if my electricity goes out?
9. When is the Brush Chipping Program?
10. Can they get limbs or brush by my porch?
11. When can I take my brush to the City Barn facilities at 201 Brown Street?
12. Is Clean Sweep week the same as Household Hazardous Waste Day?
13. If I want some of the dirt from a dig site, what do I need to do?
14. What do I need to do if I want some mulch from the City Facility?