- City Secretary
The City Secretary is an officer of the City, appointed by the City Council. The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law and the City Charter. The City Secretary's Office serves as the link between the citizens and their government, providing quick courteous service and easy access to information.
In addition to the statutory duties of the position, the City Secretary serves as director of the City Secretary Department consisting of the City Secretary's Office, Records Management, Council Services, and the Public Information Office.
The Office of the City Secretary is the administrative agency responsible for the care and maintenance of all City of Lampasas records. This office houses all legal transactions, City Council minutes, agendas, deeds, ordinances, resolutions, contracts and a vast array of other historical and regulatory information. The City Secretary is designated as the City's Records Management Officer by state law. She is responsible for developing and administering a records retention and destruction policy, monitoring the records storage areas, and overseeing the control of electronically stored records. In addition to these duties, the City Secretary's Office responds to requests for City records filed each year under the Texas Public Information Act.
The City Secretary is also the Zoning Administrator. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, zoning, setback requirements, subdivision regulations, minimum housing requirements, rezoning matters, site plan review, annexation, property/land use, and variances.
Office Scope of Responsibilities:
- Custodian of all official records of the city.
- Attends City Council Meetings, posts and compiles meeting agendas and minutes.
- Validates Zoning/Signs off on TABC Alcoholic Beverage Licenses.
- Election Administrator for City Elections.
- Recruitment for, applications for and appointments to all city boards and commissions.
- Public Information Officer, responsible for providing documents requested under the Public Information Act.
- Maintains the City's Code of Ordinances, Zoning Regulations and Subdivision Regulations.
- Holds and maintains the City seal, affixing it to all instruments requiring such seal.
- Overseeing publications and postings of legal notices.
- Preserving and providing access to the City's official and historical records.
- Preparing proclamations for the Mayor.
- Carnival Permitting
- Dog Tags/City Registration
- Peddler/Solicitor Permits
Training and Certification:
Becky Sims was appointed as City Secretary in November 2020. She received her Texas Registered Municipal Clerk (TRMC) Certification from the Texas Municipal Clerks Association through the University of North Texas in January 2021. She has worked for the City of Lampasas since October 2010.
- She obtained her Code Enforcement Officer license in December 2015
- She obtained her Permit Technician certification in December 2014